Terra Verde Discovery School
A Creative and Progressive Private School in East Norman
Terra Verde Discovery School is a creative and progressive private school in East Norman.
The mission of Terra Verde Discovery School is to build a community of courageous learners by preserving the joys of childhood, honoring each child's unique path to knowledge, and encouraging creativity, innovation, and critical thinking. Our unique environmental education program guides students to develop a personal connection with nature and to make choices that lead to a sustainable future for our planet. The ongoing social skills curriculum empowers children to develop an ethical approach to all relationships and to believe in their ability to affect positive change. Terra Verde’s family-oriented atmosphere and individualized, challenging curriculum prepare our students for real-world success.
- We specialize in an integrated, individualized curriculum.
- We offer a creative, hands-on education that includes reading, writing, math, science, world studies, social skills, art, technology, music, and the outdoor classroom.
- Our teacher-student ratio is 1:14.
- We are currently reviewing applications for kindergarten, first, and second grade students for fall 2012
Our Core Beliefs
- We believe in celebrating what is unique in each child.
- We believe the way a child learns is as important as what he learns.
- We believe in honoring the multiple ways in which a child learns about the world.
- We believe that the social curriculum is as important as the academic curriculum.
- We believe that a child’s readiness should determine the pace of the curriculum.
- We believe that learning should be joyful, playful, and challenging.
- We believe in giving children the precious gift of time as they develop and explore their world.
- We believe that children live up to our expectations of them; therefore, we hold them to high standards.
Racial Nondiscriminatory Policy:
The Terra Verde Discovery School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.